Sunday, November 27, 2011

Perfect

Don't you ever feel like the blessings in your life, the ease at which your daily life unfolds is just too perfect? Sure we all have bad days, but for the MOST part, my life is very easy, very predictable, very uncomplicated, it's simple, and just the way I want it. I'm assuming the majority of my friends lives are the same.

We have no huge problems, we are not starving, we are not lacking, we are abundantly blessed. Even on the worst of days.....we are ABUNDANTLY blessed. It's almost scary at times for me. I don't believe we were put on this earth to be perfectly content, perfectly happy, to have everything nice and neat in a perfect little box. I don't think I even want that. Of course I enjoy it and cling to it with everything that I am but I don't think that is what I SHOULD be doing.

I need to step out of my perfectly wrapped box with a ribbon on top and do something! Do something better, make my actions matter, reach out and do more. Act on what plaques my heart. Don't you want to be the kind of person who makes a difference, somehow?? I'm not sure exactly what I should be doing or where or how. I just know that I need to do more for other people. I need to help people here in my town, here in my state, here in my country, here in my continent and here in my world. I want to be that extraordinary person who did something, anything to help. I want my children to be those people too. I want my girls to go and help when no one else will, to be kind, thoughtful, giving, to give hope to people who need it.

I'm really involved in my own life, I'm sure most of us are.  What do I make for dinner (925 million people do not have enough to eat — more than the populations of USA, Canada and the European Union combined.2), we have so much going on, I'm one busy Mama (Every five seconds, a child dies from hunger-related diseases ), We don't have a lot of money, I'm a stay at home mom and we are on a budget (1.4 billion people in developing countries live on $1.25 a day or less) I don't have time for another child (In 2009, there were 423,773 children in foster care in the USA)

I consider myself a "good person", most of the time, I have my flaws and my demons but I still am overall a good person, as are you. Would I ever, EVER drive by a child starving to death on the side of the road?? NOOOOOOO and NOOOOOO I would not and neither would you. I would pick that child up, bring them to my home, feed them, care for them and raise them like my own. If I had to look a mother in the face and tell her I could not help and leave her there with her starving, dying family, could I do it??  I would not do it. Not in a million years. I would then bring that family into my home and help them get on their feet, and so would you!! Would I deny a child to their face a home a family, NOPE, I wouldn't.

So why am I not doing more?? Because I'm not faced with it everyday. I do not see that child on the side of the road dying from no food or water. I see pictures but I do not see it with my own eyes. I do not see that child in America waiting and longing for a home, I see pictures but I do not see it with my own eyes. How silly of me really, to deny these people because I am blessed to not have to see it with my own eyes.


I will do more, I will help, I will give, I will think often of it and I will TRY to make a difference.
So just incase I want to bring attention some amazing people who ARE making a difference, who are stronger, braver and bigger hearted than myself.

Children available for adoptin right here in Kansas
https://www.adoptkskids.org/

Children from all over the world waiting for a family
http://www.rainbowkids.com/#

Organization helping mothers so their children will not become orphans
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Because-Every-Mother-Matters/106700199371912

Project 61
https://www.facebook.com/project61

Ordinary Hero-Doing some AMAZING things!!
http://ordinaryhero.org/Ordinary_Hero/Home/Home.html

It doesn't matter what touches your heart, what stirs your soul, whatever it is.....ACT on it. Do something. Do more. Be better, kinder, more generous and more thoughtful of the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment