Sunday, January 16, 2011

Big Changes

We are coming up on some big changes in our lives! First, which is super exciting for us is, we are paying off our loan which is $720.00 a month!!!! That is a lot of moola! We have been in pay off mode for a while now, years actually. and this is the only debt we have besides our home! This is awesome for us!!

Second, I start school on Tues, this Tuesday, in 2 days, in 48 hours, sooooo soon!! I'm really excited about this and can't wait but I know it's going to be hard and I'll be doing a balancing act for awhile. I'm also doing amazing on my Biggest Loser Challenge. Hopefully good things will come from that!!

Third, Jeff is taking his 3rd year final this week!! Go Jeff! He will get a raise when he passes so this is GREAT also!!. Then he can start on his 4th and final book, Book 4.

Fourth, I have a VERY strong desire to help children in less fortunate countries. We DO NOT UNDERSTAND how blessed and lucky we are! PERIOD! Americans are kinda like spoiled little brats. These people, adults, children and infants are our BROTHERS AND SISTERS and we are letting them suffer horribly. We have so much, and they have soo little. It's not like they are on welfare and won't get a job. These people, even children, struggle and work all day just to find water. Can you imagine spending 12 hours of your day looking and searching for water?? Everyday, all day for the entire length of your life. WE SIMPLY DO NOT GET THIS! I have sooooo many things in the works to help but I'll be keeping them a secrete until It's a for sure deal and I can be certain that they will be happening. This is something that I have been blind to and haven't let hit my heart or my head until recently. We did not choose to be born in America they did not choose to be born in a poverty stricken country. I just feel like I could be doing something more with my life and my blessings then what I have been. I can't imagine seeing the horror and knowing the problems and not helping, turning my back and saying, oh well it's not my family, it's not my children. I can't do that and I won't. So I'll be very excited to share all our plans soon!! Please watch the video below to see what is breaking my heart! This is just ONE of SOOOO MANY.

Ordinary Hero~ A day in the trash dump in Ethiopia from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.


Hope you guys have a great week!! I'll be uploading some pictures as soon as I can find my camera!!. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment